Surface: 1985 ha
Pop.: 294 h
Inhabitants: Les Couzonais
In 19th and 20th centuries, “La Tuilerie de Bomplein” (tile manufacturer) played a large role in the economy of this village. At the end of the 20th century, Couzon became a rural village essentially agricultural, after the closure of the “Tuilerie” in 1969.
Local heritage offers :
- l’Eglise St Georges (XII-XV) (with a nave of three rows).
- Le Château de Bordes (XIV-XVIII)
- Le Manoir de la Baume (XVII-XIX)
- La Tuilerie de Bomplein (Established 1856 and ceased to function in 1969).